WHO WE ARE
We are an unaffiliated coalition of Nova Scotians from the public, private, voluntary and academic sectors.
- Nova Scotia is facing unprecedented economic, demographic, social and environmental challenges.
- The responsibility to develop bold ideas and innovative solutions needs to be shared by everyone – especially citizens.
- Through a fundamentally deeper and broader process of dialogue and collaboration – amongst government, business, institutions, the voluntary sector and engaged citizens – we can effectively tackle the challenges we face.
- Most of what we need is already here in the communities, culture and people of Nova Scotia.
Engage Nova Scotia will help foster the emergence of a more vibrant, inclusive and resilient society by promoting and enabling the engagement and collaboration of all Nova Scotians in designing and building the future we want.
- Connect with groups and individuals from across society to promote the more meaningful participation of all Nova Scotians in shaping our future
- Promote, illuminate and enable diverse conversations focused on:
- Change and innovation at the community and provincial levels
- The future of Nova Scotia – who we are, what we’re after and how we get there
- Build capacity for engagement and collaboration through training and education
- Strategically connect, support and partner with networks of innovative people, organizations and communities
- Facilitate an ongoing process of learning and change: document experiences and lessons learned; tap into the growing body of knowledge from complementary initiatives around the world; and create opportunities for dialogue and reflection
- Conduct research and analysis that contributes to an evolving narrative about our communities and province
- More Nova Scotians are engaged in public conversations and decision-making about issues and questions that are relevant to their lives, their communities and the province as a whole.
- Practical, affordable and resilient ideas flourish and get acted on.
- Structures and processes emerge that better support ongoing collaboration.
- A culture of learning and change is fostered.
- An attitude of confidence and shared purpose is cultivated.
- A more vibrant, inclusive and resilient Nova Scotia narrative is revealed.
- What is the Nova Scotia we want to leave for future generations?
- What are our untapped economic, social and cultural advantages?
- What innovations in leadership, collaboration and opportunity are possible?
- How can we build capacity for to tackle complex issues and opportunities?
- Who needs to be part of the building?
- We actively seek to include diverse voices - from all cultural communities, from all parts of the province and from as many perspectives as possible.
- How we do things is as important as what we do.
- We move forward in a spirit of responding to opportunities, supporting one another to take risks, and learning as we go.
- We create just enough structure to support our activities, while staying lean, nimble and transparent.
- We operate in a collaborative, neutral and open space that no one individual or organization owns or controls.