Ramona Lumpkin, Chair
President and Vice-Chancellor, Mount Saint Vincent
Ramona is committed to helping create a more vibrant, prosperous and inclusive future for our province.
- Post-secondary education leader
- Advocate for the advancement of women, inclusion, and equity
- Community volunteer
Brad Olsen, Treasurer
Brad is committed to being of service to Nova Scotia.
Treaty Education Nova Scotia, Lead
Jamie brings experience creating relationships, fostering collaboration, and is committed to ensuring that a Mi’kmaw voice are a part of the discussions on the future of Nova Scotia.
- Assistant Professor Mi'kmaq Studies at Cape Breton University
- Senior Advisor, Eskasoni Band Council
- Citizenship Coordinator, KMKNO
Founder/Chair, Wayside Initiative
Michael works to build upon Nova Scotia’s qualities and potential to realize a society that we can all be proud of, one that can be a model to the world.
- Founder and Chair, ALIA (Authentic Leadership in Action) 2001-2008
- Founder and CEO, Metals Economics Group (1980-2012)
- Founder and Chair, Wayside Initiative (2016 - )
Executive Director, Springtide
Mark believes the people involved in this organization are some of the smartest, passionate thinkers he’s ever met. He is continuously curious about what we can do together across Nova Scotia.
- Executive Director at Springtide
- Owner/Operator at Insight Voice Consulting
Doug Keefe, Vice Chair
President, Doug Keefe Consulting
Doug is committed to playing a small part in a vibrant, sustainable future for Nova Scotia 2.0.
- Former Deputy Minister of Justice and Deputy Attorney General of Nova Scotia
- Executive Director Fundy Ocean Research Centre for Energy
Director, Nova Scotia Liquor Commission
Paul is a passionate believer in the potential of organizations (and societies) to reinvent themselves, and loves being at the sharp edge of deliberate, progressive change.
- President & CEO, Greater Halifax Partnership
- Senior Vice President - Enterprise Solutions, Bell Aliant
- Chief Operating Officer - xwave
President & CEO New Dawn Enterprises
Rankin is one of the voices calling on all Nova Scotians to envision and determine their future.
- Founding director of the Canadian Economic Development Network
- Former director of the Vanier Institute of the Family
Municipal Councillor, Municipality of the County of Inverness
A self-described passionate trouble-maker, Jim joined Engage’s board to support the learning and practice of “community” towards greater equity in our health and prosperity.
- Chair of Strait Area Transit Cooperative
- Chair of Pan Cape Breton Food HUB Cooperative
Executive Lead, Centre for Employment Innovation, Saint FX
Jaime lends her voice and ears to the voices of others at Engage so that together we can inspire a thriving and resilient Nova Scotia; a Nova Scotia that nurtures abundant communities of engaged citizens.
- Owner, Marram Consulting
- Co-founder, Pictou County 2020
- Mother, wife & dedicated volunteer
Experienced corporate and not-for-profit director
Ron joined the board of Engage for the opportunity to contribute to the ability of our communities to thrive within our established way of life.
- Retired CFO of Maritime Tel and later Emera Inc.
- Currently National Board Chair of the Arthritis Society
- Past Chair of the Acadia University Board of Governors
Dr. Gaynor Watson-Creed, Secretary
Public Health Physician
Gaynor joined our board because she feels Nova Scotians deserve to better our position in Canada and in the world. She believes Nova Scotians should be arrogant enough to try! Her work with Engage brings here hope for a better future for this province.
- Licensed public health physician in practice
- Currently Acting Deputy Chief Medical Officer of Health, Nova Scotia
- Formerly Member of One Nova Scotia Coalition
Chief Engagement Officer
Danny believes Nova Scotians are calling for a new future – one where they can be part of the solutions.
- Founding Chair, Nova Scotia Restorative Justice Program
- Former Chief Negotiator for the Nova Scotia Government on Aboriginal Rights
- Advisor to United Nations Development Programme (and countries on 4 continents) re justice reform
Nancy M Watson
Nancy is inspired by the potential to transform our society into something better without breaking what’s already there.
- Director of Communications, Province of Nova Scotia
- Owner/CEO, Take Thirty Fitness, Nutrition and Lifestyle Centres
- Principal, Corporate Communications Limited
Jennifer works to build relationships and bridges between individuals and communities in Nova Scotia, her “home of choice.”
- Corporate Engagement Strategist, Government of Nova scotia
- Manager, Organizational Effectiveness, Stewart McKelvey
- Owner, Elemental HR
Jeff believes that creating networks of support and connections between the community leaders across this province can help to inspire others to work together towards an inclusive and sustainable future for all Nova Scotians.
- Communications Advisor, Nova Scotia Human Rights Commission
- Communications Consultant, NS Disabled Persons Commission
- Communications & Marketing Advisor, Province of Nova Scotia
Director of Administration & Operations (& Share Thanksgiving)
Elizabeth believes Nova Scotia is full of potential and opportunities, that each of us has a responsibility to help unlock a better future for all of us.
- Owner, Elizabeth Anne Randell Consulting
- 20 years of retail sales and management experience with Fortune 500 and large Canadian companies
Susan feels fortunate to work with talented and inspired people across this province, as we spread the ideas, tools, strategies and courage we need to shape our own future.
- Executive Director, Authentic Leadership in Action (ALIA) Institute
- Curriculum Writer, Nova Scotia Departments of Health and Education
- Book author and editor, freelance writer
Hailey’s motivation to be involved with Engage was to explore ways to navigate complex system change through strengthening citizen capacity, encouraging diverse voices and putting a spotlight on the importance of youth in the province.
- Graduated from St. Francis Xavier University in 2015 with a double major in Development Studies and Anthropology.
- Vice President - Internal, St. Francis Xavier University
- Collective Social Responsibility Intern, McInnes Cooper